How much meat do I need?
When buying bulk meat for family gatherings, parties, and holidays, we’re often asked how much meat someone should buy.
There are a few factors to consider when ordering bulk sliced meat:
- Are you making sandwiches or serving dinner?
- Will protein be the star of the show, or will there be lots of side items to fill the plate?
Our famous Reuben is made with 8 oz of meat!
During Rosh Hashanah, Hanukkah & Passover, we get this question the most!
If you’re serving a large family dinner with plenty of soups & sides, then we recommend 6 oz of meat per person.
- 4 oz of meat per person is on the light side
- 6 oz of meat per person is a good rule of thumb
- 8 oz of meat per person will ensure plenty of food for everyone
This also applies to making sandwiches!
How Much Lox Should I Buy?
Whether you’re ordering lox for an event or to enjoy with your bagels all week, we recommend 3 slices of lox per person. Our hand-sliced lox varies in size and weight, but 4-5 slices average a 1/4th of a pound at our deli.
Ordering bulk meat & lox for delivery
Order online for fast & easy pickup
Order everything you need to make great sandwiches or a family dinner online! By ordering online, we’ll have everything ready before you arrive. Just give us 20-25 minutes to prepare your order. You can even schedule your order in advance through our website. It couldn’t be easier 😄
Call or email us with any questions!